Paul is a Partner in the Private Client group at Andersen LLP. He advises wealthy individuals and their businesses on almost all areas of UK and US taxation. His career has focused on providing UK and US tax consulting and disclosure services to individuals and their families, entrepreneurs, fund managers, senior executives of international organisations, trusts and estates.
Paul was previously a tax advisor at PwC before helping set up Andersen’s UK practice in 2018. He has also helped successfully build Andersen LLP’s Private Client group, providing UK and US tax services to some of the world’s most high profile individuals and privately held multinational companies. He also previously coordinated Andersen’s European Private Client group.
Paul is regularly instructed to work alongside trustees of dynastic family trusts, family offices, wealth managers and lawyers to resolve complex international tax issues.
His particular areas of interest are:
- International tax residency and domicile matters, with a particular focus on the UK and the US.
- The taxation of overseas family trusts and foundations, including the UK and US tax rules and disclosure obligations applicable to the settlor, trustee and beneficiaries.
- UK Inheritance Tax and US Estate Tax planning.
- Pre-relocation tax planning, particularly for individuals moving to and from the UK and the US.
- The taxation of privately held multinational companies, with particular experience in advising owners of pre-IPO stage companies.
- Ensuring compliance with UK and US tax filing and asset disclosure obligations, and assisting individuals with HMRC investigations and IRS reviews and disclosure programs.
- Unravelling the complications of Income Tax and Estate Tax treaties to ensure that individuals do not suffer economic double taxation.
- Bespoke structuring of the acquisition of real estate for tax efficiency in the UK and US.