Mike J. Haynes
Director, Head of Pensions
Mike is the Head of the Pensions group at Andersen in the United Kingdom. His clients include high net worth individuals, senior executives, trusts and companies. He provides a range of services in the UK and additionally, works on international tax matters, including:
- International tax planning for retirement
- UK and international taxation of offshore trusts
- UK inheritance tax and estate tax planning
- Assisting clients with HMRC investigations and disclosure programs relating to employee benefit trusts
- Complex cross border tax issues and the interaction between the UK domestic law and tax treaties
- Advising partnerships on their succession plans for retiring members
- Acting as an expert witness in litigation
- Complex tax residency and domicile cases
In addition to pensions, Mike also helps employers and individuals with other non-standard reward structures. This includes the design and management of employee compensation arrangements: top-up pension plans, bonus plans and long-term incentive plans.
Mike is experienced in UK pensions and reward advisors. He regularly speaks at conferences, writes for the tax press and works collaboratively with HM Revenue & Customs.