Luke is a Senior Associate in the Private Client team at Andersen in the United Kingdom, focusing on UK and US personal taxation. He has worked with high net worth individuals, senior executives, international assignees and trusts, providing a range of tax consulting and compliance services, including:
- Tax planning for non-UK domiciled individuals in the UK, including analysis of the arising vs remittance basis
- Complex tax residency and domicile cases
- Review of offshore structures including trusts, from a UK and US tax perspective.
- UK inheritance tax and US estate tax planning
- Pre-immigration tax planning and US expatriation
- Assisting clients with HMRC investigations and IRS audits and disclosure programs
- Complex cross border tax issues, particularly the interaction between the UK and US tax systems and mitigating double taxation by use of the UK and US tax treaty
- Preparation of UK and US (Federal and State) tax returns
Luke has written several pieces for the Andersen Tax newsletter, commenting on complex topics such as UK and US residency planning and the intricacies of the UK/US double tax treaty.
Prior to joining Andersen, Luke worked in the Private Client team at PwC having joined as an apprentice, where he specialised in UK and US tax as a dual handler.