International & Crypto Tax Director
Laura has over 20 years’ tax adviser experience with nearly 10 years in a top tier UK/US firm gaining extensive experience over a broad range of UK private client advisory and compliance requirements with an international angle. After taking on a consultancy role carrying out international private client work, Laura took an avid interest in the world of cryptoassets both from a tax perspective and through personal interest. Laura has worked on a number of projects for clients transacting in cryptoassets.
Examples of Laura’s client work include:
· Pre-arrival and exit planning to and from the UK
· Remittance advice including planning for future needs and considering situs implications for cryptoassets
· Inheritance tax advice and structuring including offshore structures
· Tax implications of owning UK real estate
· Advising on the tax consequences of acquiring, holding and transacting in cryptoassets
· Compliance relating to reporting cryptoasset transactions
· Working with clients to help manage disclosure requirements
Laura is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (TEP) and is a qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and has completed the STEP Advanced Diploma in International Tax. Laura is an active member of CryptoUK and co-chairs the CryptoUK primary tax working group and chairs the NFT sub group.