Head of Private Clients
Julian is Head of the Private Client group at Andersen in the United Kingdom. His clients include international high net worth individuals, senior executives, trusts and companies. He advises on a complete range of UK and US personal tax matters including:
- International tax planning;
- Complex tax residency and domicile cases;
- UK and US taxation of offshore structures, including companies and family trusts;
- UK inheritance tax and US estate tax planning;
- Real estate ownership;
- Pre-immigration tax planning and US expatriation;
- Assisting clients with HMRC investigations and IRS reviews and disclosure programs;
- Divorce matters including tax expert witness reports;
- Complex cross border tax issues, particularly the interaction between the UK and US tax systems and mitigating double taxation.
Julian is known for establishing deep relationships with his clients, many of whom approach him for advice on non-tax matters due to his extensive network and ability to connect his clients with other advisors. Julian features in the Spears 2020 and 2021 list of top Tax and Trust Advisers and has been regularly named in the Chambers High Net Worth guides. He speaks at conferences and writes for the tax press. His team has also been a finalist in the STEP private client awards.
Julian trained at Arthur Andersen from 1998 where he spent 5 years, followed by 5 years at KPMG and then 10 years at PwC.
“Julian Nelberg is one of the nicest guys you could meet. He is very down to earth, knowledgeable and easy to deal with.”
– Chambers HNW