"Joining Andersen has been the best starting block for the next step in my career. At Andersen, I have the opportunity to build long lasting, trusted relationships with my clients and I am exposed to exciting and interesting work. I am confident that I can achieve my full potential with the trusted support and encouragement from the team at Andersen, working in an environment where I feel valued and appreciated."
"At Andersen, we genuinely believe that our people are our most important asset and put our staff at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about creating a collaborative and diverse environment in which everyone feels valued, can thrive and achieve their full potential.”
"Joining Andersen is a really exciting opportunity for my professional development. The team is full of diverse and talented individuals and I'll gain exposure to some really interesting clients, as well as challenging and varied work, so never a dull day!”
"Since joining Andersen, I have been given the opportunity to work on challenging engagements and develop my skills in incredibly technical areas. I am trusted by my team, who give me the independence to lead interesting client engagements and develop long-standing relationships. At Andersen, I am part of a team where my ideas are listened to and I am able to have a real impact on how the business grows.”
UK/US Tax Associate/Senior Associate
Our UK/US Private Client Tax Team is looking for bright and enthusiastic individuals to join an exciting and growing part of the practice.
Our Private Client Tax Team is unique since we advise on both the UK and US tax systems, with the majority of our clients having an international footprint. You will have the opportunity to work closely with ultra high net worth individuals on all areas of their tax affairs including tax return preparation, exposure to tax planning for inheritance and estate tax purposes and dealing with trusts and international tax issues.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
To be successful you will need to have 1.5 – 3 years of experience in preparing UK and US tax returns, have either completed or are in the process of completing your EA and ATT qualifications, and can demonstrate a good and developing knowledge of both the UK and US tax systems.
Areas you are likely to have experience in:
- Excellent tax return compliance skills, preparing UK and US tax returns to a high standard with minimal errors. You should have a firm and growing understanding of the following:
– UK self-assessment tax returns
– US Form 1040 and it is helpful to have some experience of preparing state tax returns.
- Strong written skills which include writing basic technical emails and advice and drafting professional letters to HMRC and the IRS.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with all levels of internal and client personnel, including confidently making calls to HMRC and the IRS for client issues.
- Good commercial awareness around billing, client take on, managing workload and deadlines.
- Navigating the UK and US tax return preparation software (we use CCH Axcess and CCH Central).
- Develop an accurate knowledge and understanding of your client’s tax affairs.
- A strong desire to learn and an interest to develop your career
To apply for this position, please email your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com
Applications with no covering letter will not be considered for the position.
We aim to be the benchmark for quality in our industry and the standard by which other firms are measured.
We hire the best and the brightest and we invest in our people to ensure that legacy.
Our platform allows us to objectively serve as our client’s advocate; the only advice and solutions we offer are those that are in the best interest of our client.
Our firm is constructed as a global firm. We share an interest in providing the highest level of client services regardless of location.
We value open communication, information sharing and inclusive decision making.
What do we offer?
• Work directly with partners
• Market-leading compensation
• Professional qualifications
• Client exposure from day one
• An unrivalled client list
• Work with international specialists
• Excellent career development opportunities
Our recruitment process is an important component of creating the Andersen culture. We dedicate considerable resources to finding the most talented professionals; individuals who are high achievers and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where their input is appreciated and rewarded. We have career opportunities for people-focused and oriented individuals who embody passion, dedication to service and excellence.
We are always on the lookout for suitable candidates. If you are interested in exploring working for us then please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our people are our greatest asset. It is our people, and their expertise, that set us apart. From day one, you will be assigned a buddy to guide you through the ins and outs of daily life at Andersen. You will also have a mentor who will work with you on your professional development, career goals, and career path at Andersen. We invest in our people and our people are invested in us.
We hire intelligent, passionate, motivated individuals. We look for dedicated and creative professionals with diverse backgrounds and experiences yielding the best results for our clients. This diversity makes every day at Andersen an opportunity to meet a new face, an opportunity to learn about a new initiative, to offer a unique insight, and to grow.